Monday, October 22, 2012

Grateful

  Yesterday I held a newborn that was just a few hours old.  I'm kind of bummed out because I couldn't smell him!  I brought my friends' children to see their new brother in the hospital.  Two main thoughts have been tumbling around in my mind.  One, the miracle of birth is....miraculous (no other word to describe it).  And two, I'm awfully glad that all of my four children are of sleeping-through-the-night age.  Hallelujah!  No pangs of wanting another baby occured either.  It was nice but I'm done with that scene.  God blessed me with my incredible kids and now it's time to enjoy them.  AND, I'm too old to summon up the kind of energy needed for pregnancy and childbirth.  I was sick the whole 9 months with my last daughter.  I took that as a sign that my body was done. 
   I will babysit this little boy when he's a few months older.  It will be nice to tell him I've known him since he was born!  So grateful to have people in my life having babies that I get to hold and then give back :-).  

No comments:

Post a Comment