Monday, October 29, 2012

  Beautiful day!  Thank you, God.  Family is healthy and provided for.  Yesterday we carved pumpkins with friends.  My wonderful husband made an incredible lunch for us so that I could chat with my friend.  He is so considerate.  My man is growing by leaps and bounds in his communication skills.  I am so proud of him.  Our relationship quality keeps on getting better.  God is showing us both how to put aside our own will and let HIS grace strengthen our bond.  Willingness to give in and see something from someone else's point of view does wonders for softening hearts.  I can be REALLY self centered sometimes.  When I can let this go, he appreciates my effort and usually meets me in the middle.  God has worked so many wonders in my life. 
  The kids are excited for Halloween this week.  I refuse to spend anymore than necessary on costumes so we are left to our imaginations.  I should say the kids are left to come up with something to wear because I am utterly uncreative. 
  WE decided to step up and host Thanksgiving, again.  It is a lot of work but I love having everyone here.  And, in my family are some fantastic cooks.  Host gets majority of leftovers :-). 
  This will be our last get together before construction begins on the front of our house.  I think we finally have a blue print for how this is all going to come together.  Very excited.  When all is said and done (spring? summer?), I'll have a foyer and a bigger kitchen with a better layout.  We don't need any new appliances except for a really good fan for the stove. The cabinets are just going to be re-painted and moved around (maybe some new hardware, hopefully). We are also going to open up the wall between the kitchen and the living room as well as knock down the wall that separates our living room from playroom.  I plan on putting up some kind of pocket door or louvered doors to block noise during nap time.  The playroom will still be used for daycare but it will be remodeled with a new closet that will allow it to be used for more living space when day care hours are over. Hip hip hooray! I'm blessed to have a dad and husband who can do anything! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment