Friday, October 19, 2012

 Great Bible study session last night.  Contentment under any circumstance.  Easy to say but oh so hard to really feel.  Paul tells us to give praise and rejoice always, all the time, even on crummy days.  This ability is one that I kind of feel like  I'm not capable of.  Paul, yeah sure, he could do it, but me?  I know that when there is conflict in my life, it is all consuming.  In the back of my mind I know I'm supposed to be focused on God but the tension and pressure in my chest just keep me far away from rejoicing.  This lack of ability to see above and beyond my problem is depressing.  I like to think that I could do it and that I'd be stronger the next time.  Spiritual growth.  I know that I need to spend more time in the word, it would help me cope in darker times.  When all is well it is so easy to be grateful and praising of Him.  Really, I'm so ridiculous.  God has brought be through every conflict I've been in.  Why wouldn't I ask God to help me right off the bat?  Well, dealing with conflict of any kind in a Godly way is nothing short of a fine art.  Your attitude while dealing with conflict may be even more difficult to keep in check.  My mission: First ask Jesus to help me deal with the conflict in a way that would glorify Him and second, to keep the image of Heaven and God's immense love foremost on my mind the meanwhile.  The good Lord knows that there's plenty of opportunity in my life to put this new resolve into practice.  Contentment.  With so many blessings and promises it's a wonder why a believer would ever be less than ecstatic.   We're not even in a Roman jail!

No comments:

Post a Comment